Tuesday, May 31, 2011

To be a Fly on the Wall...


One of my favorite things about graduating from my school years and being an "adult" is that I get to read books that I am actually interested in reading. It has really opened up a whole new world for me. Mostly I read fiction books from the murder-mystery section of the bookstore, but I will also throw in books about advertising in the mix, because I strive to be a constant student of life (sound advice from from an industry leader).

Well I am only on chapter 5, but I already want to gush about how much I LOVE this book.

Who (in advertising) wouldn't want to learn from one of the greats in the industry? This is a great look back into David Ogilvy's career. He also gives GREAT advice for all aspects of the advertising world. I would love to have been a fly on the wall in David Ogilvy's office. I can't even imagine the things I could have learned.

So, if you want to understand why I am a total nerd about advertising, you should read this. And if you are just starting out in the industry- READ THIS. Even though it was published in 1983 (yeah, that was several years before I was even born), the ideas and advice still ring true today. Plus there are a lot of pictures... and who doesn't love a book with a lot of pictures?

I can't wait to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment