Friday, May 6, 2011

It Only Happens Once....

Last weekend, my friend Lyndsay and I went to the wedding of one of our wonderful sorority sisters. As we are heading home, I realize that I need gas... bad. So, I get off the interstate to the feeder road intending to stop at the first gas station I see. Of course there isn't one ANYWHERE close. Fantastic. We finally came upon an HEB that had a gas station out front. Perfect, crisis averted.... wrong.

As I pull up to the stop light across the intersection from the gas station, my gas pedal feels funny and it is really hard to break at the light. Uh oh. This is bad. When the light turns green I step on the gas pedal and nothing. Lyndsay is in disbelief. No, no this isn't happening 100 ft from the gas station.

Yes, yes it is.

I put on my flashers and tell Lyndsay to get into the driver's seat. I go around to the back. The only option is to push it to the gas station... in heels... and a dress... this is going to go swimmingly. I take a deep breath and put all my strength into the first push- I swear it moved an inch. I had more confidence in my strength and was sorely disappointed (and I am also still sad I do not have photographic evidence of my attempt- I can laugh at myself).

Lucky for me a few gentlemen appeared out of nowhere (seriously- I asked one of them where he came from... "Heaven" was his response... I didn't argue). We push it to the gas station (and by we I mean them because I couldn't keep up in heels- one guy even suggested I just sit in the car). I fill up- gas prices are seriously getting out of control- and Lyndsay and I go on our merry way.

It only has to happen to you once. I will never go that long without getting gas ever again.

You have been warned!

1 comment:

  1. It happened to me. On University but not the nice part where people are, the part down in the boonies. Probably closer to 2818.

    ReplyDelete