Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck o' the Irish

Pan to me, standing in my closet... contemplating what in the world I am going to wear. You are probably thinking that I have some big important event that is causing my indecision. Alas, no. I am simply trying to find something green to wear because it is ST PATRICK'S DAY! I think I have PTSD from getting pinched in grade school for not wearing green on this day. That fear alone would make you beg your mother to take you to the store just to find something green.

This happens every year on this day. I never have something appropriate in green to wear. It's either a sweater (when it's 75 degrees out) or not work appropriate (i.e. I bought this shirt last year to go to the bar on St. Patty's). This shouldn't happen to me, I am half Irish, you would think I would have more green things!

So I wore the sweater... with gold accessories of course. And go figure, I am one of 2 people in my office wearing green today... did everyone else not get pinched when they were younger?!


So Happy St. Patty's to everyone! Drink some green beer, kiss someone Irish (which I am... so I'm waiting...), and have a merry ol' time.















May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face and
The rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.

1 comment:

  1. You could have brought your pal LaShanta GREEN to work that would have been GOLDEN..just saying..and I'd def pinch everyone in the office ...some deserve more pinching than others..just sayin' ...Let's not make the next blog post in April

    ReplyDelete