Saturday, July 9, 2011

From the Lone Star State to the Big Apple


It's finally happened.

Most of you that know me, know that I have always wanted to live in New York City. I fell in love with the city the first time I went there and I knew that one day I would have to make it my home.

Also, as many of you know I'm a nerd about advertising and have wanted to work for an agency since college.

Well- my two dreams are colliding right in front of me. I have accepted a job as an Assistant Account Executive at Launchpad Advertising in NYC. I am really sad to leave everybody here in Texas. I have lived here for over 10 years and can't believe it wont be my home anymore! Not to mention I'll be leaving some really great friends behind. But I am SO excited for the adventure ahead.

I start on August 1st so I'll be moving in 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS! I don't know how I'm ever going to get everything ready by then. I also don't have a place to live yet- so if anyone knows anyone- HELP please :)

I'll be posting all about my new adventure here on my blog so if you want to keep up with what's going on you can come here. I hope to have more to tell y'all later and will probably pictures of the tornado that has already hit my apartment.

until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Kelley! A previous designer from Acumen is back in NYC - you two should connect! Rachael Volker. She may be perfect to show you around!

    http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=41522830&authType=name&authToken=zRgi&trk=tyah

    ReplyDelete