Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SNOW DAY!

As you may know, the weather in TX has recently gotten very chilly. And we southern folk aren't accustomed to these frigid somewhat cold temperatures. I use the term 'we' loosely because I have lived all over the country and am well aware and used to what an actual winter looks and feels like, and I'll be honest- I miss it.

However silly it was that the ENTIRE city shut down last Friday, I was not going to gripe about the opportunity to have a snow day... in South Texas. My office was told to come in about an hour late but to stand by in case they actually did close our office. So around 7am, my phone goes off and it is the BEST news any working person dreams of hearing everyday before they get their IV cup of coffee: "Kelley. Stay home. We are closing the office today." It no longer mattered that I was awoken early from my slumber. I jumped out of bed (almost literally) and looked out my window because I knew that surely a beautiful white blanket of snow would be awaiting my gaze on the other side of the window... GOTCHA! There was no snow, no beautiful winter scene... it was just wet- and cold. With utter disappointment I crawled back in bed and proceeded to commence my Snow(less) Day- by sleeping and watching movies ALL DAY.

Now before you judge me for wasting and entire day doing nothing remember my post about how the drivers in my city can't even handle the rain. You can only imagine what happens when you take that water and freeze it. Its like the apocalypse raining down. I think there were upwards of 800 wrecks that day- and no that is not a joke... my mommy told me so. Southerners should never be put in a real winter situation- I think the entire population would be wiped out in 24 hours. My sister, who lives in Tennessee, was understandably a little miffed that I got a day off when she went to work in true winter conditions.

All-in-all it was a day well spent- safe and warm in my own apartment. The weather reports are saying it is going to get back in the 20's today... it's also raining... Let's all say a little prayer that I make it home tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment